InfraMap Corp. is growing and we want YOU! We welcome talented, innovative individuals to join our team. If you are a utility locating professional in Indiana or just interested in what we do, we would love to talk to you.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits and promote from within!
About the Position
After initial training is completed, the utility locator is working under the direction of a field manager and is assigned to worksites to conduct utility locating and surveying for surface, subsurface, and aerial utilities. Technical Locators are responsible for the correct, safe, and efficient locating of underground utilities including telecommunications, electric, power, cable TV, gas, water, and sewer systems. This includes taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, properly marking the location, and completing the necessary paperwork in accordance with company guidelines. Other responsibilities may include digging test holes as needed, and some travel is required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow the standard operating procedures for targeting, locating, field sketching, test hole documentation, etc.
- Properly target & locate utilities, above and below ground.
- Correct use, technique, and maintenance of the locating equipment.
- Follow proper administrative procedures
- Complete chapters and chapter tests in the training manual review.
Skills & Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Applicable Traffic Control Certification/willingness to attain.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in related field
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency of MicroStation, AutoCAD, or Open Roads
- Advanced Knowledge/proficiency of ArcGIS
- HAZWOPER40 certification
- OSHA10 or OSHA30
- Existing First-Aid/CPR certification
- Experience in/willingness to learn technical utility locating.
- Basic knowledge of surveying best practices/willingness to learn.
- GPR Utility Locating knowledge and experience/willingness to learn.
- Map/plan reading proficiency/willingness to learn.
- Understanding or Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) procedures/willingness to learn.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PDF editor.
- Must have good communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to read and understand maps, records, and prints.
- Must be able to walk, bend, and lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must have the ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Must have the ability to see and respond to external influences, including hazardous environments.
- Must have the ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in a confined space.
- Must be available to work overtime and some weekends & travel as needed.