InfraMap Corp. is growing and we want YOU! We welcome talented, innovative individuals to join our team. If you are a utility locating professional in Maryland or just interested in what we do, we would love to talk to you.
At InfraMap our goal is to offer you not just another job, but a career where you can learn, grow, and thrive. We offer competitive pay, great benefits STARTING DAY ONE and promote from within!
About the Position
After initial training is completed, the utility locator/SUE technician is working under the direction of a field manager and is assigned to worksites to conduct utility locating and surveying for surface, subsurface, and aerial utilities. Utility locators/SUE Technicians are responsible for the correct, safe, and efficient locating of underground utilities including telecommunications, electric, power, cable TV, gas, water, and sewer systems. This includes taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, properly marking the location, and completing the necessary paperwork in accordance with company guidelines.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow the standard operating procedures for targeting, locating, field sketching, test hole documentation, etc.
- Properly target & locate utilities, above and below ground.
- Correct use, technique, and maintenance of the locating equipment.
- Follow proper administrative procedures
- Complete chapters and chapter tests in the training manual review.
Skills & Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Applicable Traffic Control Certification/willingness to attain.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- MUST be able to pass a background check. This is a security sensitive position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to reliably commute to work.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in related field
- HAZWOPER40 certification
- OSHA10 or OSHA30
- Existing First-Aid/CPR certification
- Willingness to learn/experience in technical utility locating.
- Willingness to learn/experience basic knowledge of surveying best practices
- Willingness to learn/experience in GPR utility locating knowledge
- Willingness to learn/experience in map/plan reading
- Willingness to learn/experience in understanding or Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) procedures
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PDF editor.
- Must have good communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to read and understand maps, records, and prints.
- Must be able to walk, bend, and lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must have the ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Must have the ability to see and respond to external influences, including hazardous environments.
- Must have the ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in a confined space.
- Must be available to work overtime and some weekends & travel as needed.
InfraMap Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. Minority, female, protected veterans and individuals applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status